Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
We’re looking for a visual designer to join our marketing team as a strategic contributor, responsible for design across everything we do in support of marketing and sales goals. And since we’re focused on outcomes, this means you’ll be directly elevating how the Fathom brand shows up in prospective and current client experiences—from our digital properties to events, sales collateral to new client pitches, content promotion to physical office space.
As a visual designer on our marketing team, few days are alike, but one thing is consistent: your critical role in moving the Fathom brand forward.
Our visual designer is expected to:
- Understand Fathom’s brand: support development of brand guidelines and brand templates, enabling a standard of excellence across marketing, sales, and client touchpoints
- Extend Fathom's brand: communicate our brand simply verbally, in writing, and visually - across channels and media
- Imagine, design, and extend assets that support our:
- Content strategy—including in-piece visual assets, charts, infographics, case studies, and interactive experiences
- Promotion strategy—including social assets, email campaigns, and partner marketing efforts that directly support or influence all owned, earned, and paid media initiatives
- Event strategy—including physical/digital signage, collateral, promotional items, and attendee experiences for in-person and virtual events
- Sales strategy—including sales support material, product/services collateral, client pitch decks, and presentations
- Influence marketing strategy: design not just for the sake of aesthetics but in the pursuit of our broader marketing goals: audience engagement, user experience, conversion optimization, new client acquisition, etc.
- Support ad hoc initiatives across the business:
- HR-related design needs for talent recruitment
- General design training/support for Fathom team members
- Collaboration with creative team on client work
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in, note the following requirements as you apply:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of professional design experience
- Portfolio of work that displays an ability to turn an idea/concept into a visual piece and extend that concept across multiple touchpoints
- Technical skills and experience with a variety of software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Understanding of industry trends in creative tools, UX, and information architecture; plus, as technology evolves, the ability to adapt and learn
- Creative collaboration: An eye for design is important, and so is the ability to process feedback and explain design elements in the context of our brand - without getting technical
- The ability to lead a creative process from initial concept, through brainstorms and briefs, to design concepts and delivered work
- Excellence in execution: have a bias for action, a commitment to execution, and attention to detail
- Speed: we don’t move at the pace of most other companies, so great can’t mean slow
- Organization: well-organized to manage a variety of projects; flexible to address important projects that arise
- Problem solving: love for a good challenge and the ability to solve them with compelling design
Some individuals are better qualified than others. While the absence of the following skills isn’t a deal breaker, their presence will certainly help your case:
- Development: html, css, WordPress knowledge
- User testing: multivariate testing to principles to better understand audience preference
- Audio: planning, capturing and editing audio
- Video: planning, capturing and editing video
- Photography: planning, capturing and editing photos