join our sales + marketing team
Thank you for your interest; this position has been filled. To view open positions, visit fathomdelivers.com/join-the-team.
We’re looking for a Solutions Consultant to join our sales and marketing team, responsible for new business development in support of Fathom’s growth. And since we’re focused on outcomes, this means you’ll be directly responsible for delivering a differentiated sales experience that creates value for prospects and wins new clients for Fathom.
As a solutions consultant on our sales and marketing team, you will have an unwavering focus on securing new business—whether prospecting for ideal clients, understanding prospect needs, crafting the pitch experience, scoping and contracting, project-managing deal progression, and aligning the internal pursuit team. Our solutions consultants are expected to:
Understand Fathom’s brand: Earn trust with prospective clients by personifying the Fathom brand in a compelling and consistent way throughout the sales experience—including virtual meetings, in-person pitches, and physical marketing events.
Lead with a consultative, relational approach:
- Establish, grow, and maintain C-level relationships across multiple organizations.
- Quickly uncover and understand a customer’s business structure, challenges, and opportunities, while demonstrating strong business acumen.
- Partner with our digital strategy organization on strategic recommendations that solve prospective client needs in terms of strategy, channels, platforms, approach, and budget.
- Translate complex digital and technology solutions for executive-level and non-technical stakeholders.
Understand Fathom’s value: Share winsomely the great client work we do across digital channels, including SEO, paid media and social media, marketing automation, content, creative, and analytics.
Drive the progression of opportunities through the pipeline:
- Proactively uncover new opportunities to build your book of business, while also nurturing contacts from marketing and partner-driven efforts.
- Manage the operational functions of the sales process, including qualification, discovery, strategic recommendations, and the design and coordination of approvals internally and externally for all Statements of Work and Request for Proposal processes.
- Increase deal velocity by deploying intentional strategies to overcome objections, navigate the dynamics of buying committees, and position the value of professional services.
- Meet or exceed personal targets regarding pipeline growth, deal age, and new business revenue.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in, note the following requirements as you apply:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 7+ years as a proven sales producer in complex environments, selling professional services
- Natural networker: intentional strategies to build and maintain personal network
- Persistent: a strong desire for achievement, paired with self-driven initiative and follow-through
- Excellence in execution: have a bias for action, a commitment to execution, and attention to detail
- Collaborative approach: team player with orientation towards contribution, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Organization: well-organized to manage multiple deals simultaneously and flexible to address conflicting priorities that arise
- Believe in and consistently demonstrate our core values:
- Everyone a leader
- Advocate always
- Raise the bar
- Make order from chaos
Some individuals are better qualified than others. While the absence of the following skills isn’t a deal breaker, their presence will certainly help your case:
- Experience selling digital marketing services.
- Familiarity with digital marketing channels (e.g. SEO, PPC, Social Media), marketing technology platforms (e.g. Marketo, Pardot, Marketing Cloud, HubSpot), and the capabilities of each.
- Industry experience or knowledge in higher education, healthcare, or B2B services.
- Familiarity managing communications, activities, pipeline in CRM-related platforms, such as HubSpot and Salesforce.