further your career in Search Engine Optimization
Thank you for your interest; this position has been filled. To view open positions, please visit fathomerdelivers.com/join-the-team.
We are seeking a search engine optimization strategist to join our growing team of digital marketers at Fathom. In this role, you will be creating and implementing SEO strategies for our clients. An advanced knowledge of both technical and content optimization strategies is important, but you should also be able to effectively communicate the long-term value of the SEO strategy as it relates to key client objectives. It is critical to understand how SEO works with other digital marketing channels to support overall strategy.
The SEO strategist is responsible for coordinating and implementing SEO strategies. You should not only have an advanced knowledge of both technical and content optimization strategies, but will also be able to effectively communicate the long-term value of SEO strategy as it relates to key client objectives.
In addition, you will play a critical role in leading the overall SEO team forward through mentorship of junior team members, defining and refining execution strategies, and remaining abreast to the always-changing SEO landscape. In this role, you will:
- Create SEO strategy focused on clients’ overall business goals
- Act as liaison to internal and client teams as the subject matter expert for the SEO solution
- Conduct research and analysis on clients’ industries and competitors
- Lead advanced SEO opportunity assessments, including technical, content, competitor and keyword audits
- Execute SEO tactics on client websites on a variety of CMS platforms (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Sitecore)
- Design, execute, test and measure content and keyword optimization strategies
- Mentor junior team members
- Collaborate on client’s strategy to drive a comprehensive strategy across paid, display, nurture, social, content and organic initiatives
- Actively participate in learning new tactics and defining team best practices
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in, note the following requirements as you apply:
- 2-4 years of SEO experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SEO best practices and industry trends
- Ability to communicates with direct points-of-contacts regarding their area of expertise and the impact of their efforts cross-channel
- Experience with website tracking software such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Proven experience leveraging traditional SEO toolsets including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl and ahrefs
Fathomers love our traditional and unique employee benefits. As a member of our team, you can take advantage of the following benefits:
- health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- flexible hours and work from home opportunity
- paid holiday leave from Christmas Eve through New Years’ Day
- paid sabbatical
- paid parental leave
Other great benefits include company paid life insurance and short term disability; an annual charitable contribution match; a learning grant for professional development and training; and paid pet bereavement.