Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. To view open positions, visit fathomdelivers.com/join-the-team.
Simply put, Fathom’s Account Managers are responsible for maintaining successful client relationships. If you have the experience in account management that we’re looking for, you know it’s not so simple. The best Account Managers are more than a main point of contact for our clients—they’re strategic leaders who create win-win scenarios for our clients and Fathom.
Our Account Managers’ primary focus is on retaining and growing our current clients, not driving new business through cold calling or lead qualification. As such, some travel is required to develop the deep relationships that make us successful.
senior account manager responsibilities
As the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients, few days are exactly alike. With that said, we expect our Account Managers to:
Lead with a consultative, relational approach:
- Establish, grow, and maintain relationships with client stakeholders and executive sponsors across multiple organizations.
- Understand a client’s business structure, challenges, and opportunities, while demonstrating strong business acumen.
- Comprehend our areas of expertise enough to represent them in high-level conversations with our clients. Our team of experts can dive deep if necessary, and training is provided to help fill in gaps.
- As an advocate for the client, partner with our digital strategy organization on strategic recommendations that solve client needs in terms of strategy, channels, platforms, approach, and budget.
- Translate complex digital and technology solutions for executive-level and non-technical stakeholders.
- Stay current with modern marketing trends. Our clients expect us to be fluent in digital marketing, so it’s important for our team to continue learning.
Drive the progression of opportunities:
- Proactively identify opportunities that lead to the retention and growth of existing accounts.
- Increase deal velocity by deploying intentional strategies to overcome objections, navigate the dynamics of buying committees, and position the value of professional services.
- Secure additional revenue opportunities and client growth through discovery, consultation, and strategic recommendations. Design and coordinate internal and external approvals for all Statements of Work.
Translate what the client needs into what we can deliver:
- Ensure quality work is delivered to clients, every time. While our teams have QA processes, our Account Managers strive to deliver the highest quality work.
- Lead internal and client-facing meetings to prioritize current and upcoming projects and tasks.
- Set up our internal team up for success with clear documentation and task management.
- Lead both tactical conversations with day-to-day contacts and strategic conversations with senior-level client personnel.
- Promptly address scope challenges and issues with clients.
account manager qualifications
Does that sound like a day you’re excited to tackle? We think you’re a fit for this position if you:
- Possess a minimum of 8 years’ experience in account management and/or sales—bonus if it’s in an agency environment.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record of growing client relationships and revenue.
- Have experience with digital marketing including paid media, SEO, marketing automation, and analytics.
- Are a team player with orientation towards contribution, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Can manage a diverse client portfolio across various brands, industries, and service offerings.
- Have unmatched relationship building skills thanks to your dynamic and flexible personality.
- Earned a B.S. or B.A. degree in business or communications.
account management pluses
Some individuals are better qualified than others. While the absence of the following skills isn’t a deal breaker, their presence will certainly help your case.
- Industry experience or knowledge in higher education, healthcare, or B2B services.
- Familiarity managing communications, activities, pipeline in CRM-related platforms, such as HubSpot and Salesforce.