join our team of digital creatives in Cleveland, Ohio
Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Visit our Join the Team page to view current open opportunities.
We're looking for a digital marketing content writer to join our Creative team. As a creative writer at Fathom, you will own the brainstorming, research, creation, and optimization of digital content for clients in industries ranging from higher education to healthcare and finance to manufacturing.
You will be a key part of the full digital strategy creation process, paying close attention to each audience's needs and recommending effective strategies for connecting with customers through language.
The ideal creative writer is passionate about the written word, highly detail oriented, experienced in professional writing, eager to collaborate across teams to solve problems, and able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
digital marketing creative writer responsibilities
In this content specialist role, you will:
- Research clients' products, services, brands, and audiences to understand customer needs.
- Write new content for webpages, landing pages, emails, articles, digital ads, infographics, interactive experiences, etc.
- Adhere to each client's brand and editorial guidelines.
- Effectively connect with online audiences via strategic and creative use of language, writing, and customer experience.
- Boost performance of existing content, guided by overall digital strategy and individual channel strategies (e.g., SEO, nurture marketing, and conversion rate optimization best practices).
- Build effective, engaging content strategies with the support of the Sr. Manager of Creative Writing, Creative Director, and each account's strategy lead.
- Collaborate with other writers, designers, and client teams to identify the most valuable content optimization and/or creation opportunities.
- Meet internal and external deadlines with error-free deliverables.
- Proactively pursue professional growth by:
- Staying current on the content marketing and digital marketing spaces
- Identifying content growth opportunities on existing clients
- Growing progressively more strategic and creative in recommendations, through regular Fathom-provided learning opportunities
digital marketing creative writer qualifications
Qualified candidates for this content writer role:
- Possess a bachelor's degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Professional Writing, or related
- Have 1-3 years of experience writing for publication (writing samples required)
- Be eager to apply creative abilities to produce content that emotionally connects and drives action
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail with proven ability to adhere to editorial style guidelines (e.g., AP style, MLA style, etc.)
- Self edit with an ability to identify and correct all grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Enjoy researching and writing about a wide variety of topics
- Are deadline-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Have a proven ability to create in a collaborative environment
Experience with B2B or B2C digital content writing for SEO, nurture, and/or digital advertising is a plus.
applying for the creative writer role
If you're interested in applying for the creative writer role, please include 3-5 writing samples of 500 words or more across a range of topics and/or brands as an addendum to your resume or via portfolio link. A writing test may be conducted during the interview process.