help our teams create compelling digital experiences
Thank you for your interest; this position has been filled. To view open positions, visit fathomdelivers.com/join-the-team.
Fathom is searching for a content writer to join our expanding team. Our team of stellar content writers creates compelling, conversion-focused content that gets our clients noticed in the digital world. We understand our clients’ branding as well as their marketing messages, which helps us determine what type of content marketing works best for our customers.
If you have a knack for the written word, want to write content specifically for online purposes, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new and exciting challenges … Fathom is looking for you.
As a marketing content writer, you will be responsible for composing content aligned with brand messaging and goals, including website copy, landing page copy, articles/blog posts, paid social/paid search ad copy, interactive experiences, and email communications.
- Research clients' products, services, brand, and audiences to understand customer needs and identify content opportunities.
- Boost performance of existing content, guided by business objectives and individual channel strategies (e.g. SEO, nurture marketing, and conversion rate optimization best practices).
- Connect with online audiences via strategic and creative use of language, writing, and customer experience.
- Adhere to each clients’ brand and editorial guidelines, as well as industry-specific regulations.
- Proofread internal materials and client deliverables for error-free copy and concise communication.
- Collaborate with other writers, designers, and client team members to identify the most valuable content optimization and/or creation opportunities.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in, note the following requirements as you apply:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of applicable experience
- Excellence in grammar, spelling, and English language composition
- A proven self-editor
- Ability to work well with constructive feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with email and organic (SEO) content creation preferred
- Ability to adhere to demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office
- Ability to write in a variety of styles on a wide range of subjects
- Knowledge of AP Style a plus
- Genuine interest in researching diverse industries and topics
Some individuals are better qualified than others. While the absence of the following skills isn’t a deal breaker, their presence will certainly help your case:
- Experience writing for an online audience: websites, email, social media, SEO
- A self-editor who needs no outside editing
- Someone who feels comfortable speaking directly with internal and external clients
- A self-starter who can work under intense deadlines without being micromanaged
- A team-minded individual who is collaborative but also comfortable working independently
Fathomers love our traditional and unique employee benefits. As a member of our team, you can take advantage of the following benefits:
- health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- flexible hours and work from home opportunity
- paid holiday leave from Christmas Eve through New Years’ Day
- paid sabbatical
- paid parental leave
Other great benefits include company paid life insurance and short term disability; an annual charitable contribution match; a learning grant for professional development and training; and paid pet bereavement.