join our team of digital marketers
Thank you for your interest; this position has been filled. Please visit fathomdelivers.com/join-the-team to view open positions.
We’re looking for our next account manager to join our team of digital marketing experts. At Fathom, our account managers use personality and a get-it-done attitude to build meaningful partnerships with our client. Account managers act as the bridge between our digital marketing specialists and the main-point-of-contact for our accounts. Apart of our client services team, account managers orchestrate the collaboration between client teams and internal teams. This meaningful collaboration lets us deliver successful digital marketing programs and campaigns for clients.
Already experienced in account management, a successful account manager at Fathom fulfills a critical role in establishing and building client relationships. Our digital marketing account managers primarily focus on retaining and growing current clients ─ not driving new business through cold calling or lead qualification. As such, some travel is required to develop the deep relationships that make us successful.
Our account managers act as strategic leaders for internal and external teams by creating win-win scenarios for clients and Fathom. A demonstrated ability to develop relationships, understand business needs and a proactive approach to communication helps you stand out amongst the crowd.
account manager job description
Every day as a digital marketing account manager at Fathom is different. In this account management role, you will:
- Understand our clients at depth. This includes their industry, competitive positioning and messaging, their tactical needs, and their available resources.
- Comprehend our areas of expertise enough to represent them in high-level conversations with our clients. Our team of experts can dive deep if necessary, and training is provided to help fill in gaps.
- Participate in strategy development. As an advocate for the client, craft recommendations and deliverables.
- Stay current with modern marketing trends. Our clients expect us to be fluent in digital marketing, so it’s important for our team to continue learning.
- Translate what the client needs into what we can deliver. This means setting our internal team up for success with clear documentation and task management.
- Ensure quality work is delivered to clients, every time. While our teams have QA processes, our Account Managers strive to deliver the highest quality work.
- Lead internal and client-facing meetings to prioritize current and upcoming projects and tasks.
- Promptly address scope challenges and issues with clients.
- Identify opportunities that lead to retention and growth of existing accounts.
- Lead both tactical conversations with day-to-day contacts and strategic conversations with senior-level client personnel.
account manager qualifications
Is the account manager role at Fathom right for you? Qualified candidates for this role:
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Can manage a diverse client portfolio across various brands, industries, and service offerings.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter with a track record of success
- Possess a minimum of two years’ experience in account management – bonus if it’s in an agency environment.
- Have unmatched relationship building skills thanks to your dynamic and flexible personality.
- Earned a B.S. or B.A. degree in business or communications.
account management pluses
Stand out amongst the crowd by highlighting notable experience, proficiency or accomplishments. Be sure to note your experience with any of the following:
- Digital marketing including SEO, paid search, and strategic social media.
- Using digital marketing metrics and the platforms we leverage for reporting – like Google Analytics.