Simply put, Fathom’s Account Managers are responsible for maintaining successful client relationships. If you have the experience in Account Management that we’re looking for, you know it’s not so simple. The best Account Managers are more than a main point of contact for our clients – they’re strategic leaders who create win-win scenarios for our clients and Fathom.
Our Account Managers’ primary focus is on retaining and growing our current clients, not driving new business through cold calling or lead qualification. As such, some travel is required to develop the deep relationships that make us successful.
As the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients, few days are exactly alike. With that said, we expect our Account Managers to:
- Understand our clients at depth. This includes their industry, competitive positioning and messaging, their tactical needs, and their available resources.
- Comprehend our areas of expertise enough to represent them in high-level conversations with our clients. Our team of experts can dive deep if necessary, and training is provided to help fill in gaps.
- Participate in strategy development. As an advocate for the client, craft recommendations and deliverables.
- Stay current with modern marketing trends. Our clients expect us to be fluent in digital marketing, so it’s important for our team to continue learning.
- Translate what the client needs into what we can deliver. This means setting our internal team up for success with clear documentation and task management.
- Ensure quality work is delivered to clients, every time. While our teams have QA processes, our Account Managers strive to deliver the highest quality work.
- Lead internal and client-facing meetings to prioritize current and upcoming projects and tasks.
- Promptly address scope challenges and issues with clients.
- Identify opportunities that lead to retention and growth of existing accounts.
- Lead both tactical conversations with day-to-day contacts and strategic conversations with senior-level client personnel.
Does that sound like a day you’re excited to tackle? We think you’re a fit for this position if you:
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Can manage a diverse client portfolio across various brands, industries, and service offerings.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter with a track record of success
- Possess a minimum of two years’ experience in account management – bonus if it’s in an agency environment.
- Have unmatched relationship building skills thanks to your dynamic and flexible personality.
- Earned a B.S. or B.A. degree in business or communications.
Some individuals are better qualified than others. While the absence of the following skills isn’t a deal breaker, their presence will certainly help your case.
- Experience with digital marketing including SEO, paid search, and strategic social media.
- Understanding of digital marketing metrics and the platforms we leverage for reporting – like Google Analytics.