lead our team of digital copywriters
We’re looking for a digital marketing expert to lead and develop our team of skilled and dedicated creative writers. This person must have a strong understanding of both brand development and integrated marketing solutions as well as be a master storyteller. Technical expertise and writing proficiency are table stakes, as the focus will be on the evolution of our creative writing team and our service offerings, inspiring unique and unconventional approaches to solve for our clients’ creative needs.
The creative writing manager participates in the planning of effective campaigns, oversees the creative process, and gives guidance to the writing team. Our ideal candidate has excellent leadership skills and vision, allowing them to maximize the talent of their team.
content manager responsibilities
In this management role, you will:
- Support a team of creative writers, consultants and content specialists, in collaboration with the Creative Director and each account’s strategy lead, to:
- Build effective, engaging content strategies.
- Boost performance of existing content, guided by overall digital strategy and individual channel strategies (e.g., SEO, nurture marketing, and conversion rate optimization best practices).
- Effectively connect with online audiences via strategic and creative use of language, writing, and customer experience.
- Collaborate with designers, and client teams to identify the most valuable content optimization and/or creation opportunities.
- Proactively pursue professional growth for you and your direct reports by:
- Staying current on the content marketing and digital marketing spaces.
- Identifying content growth opportunities on existing clients.
- Growing progressively more strategic and creative in recommendations, through regular Fathom-provided learning opportunities.
- Possess outstanding leadership skills demonstrated by excellent communication, presentation skills, and enthusiasm to take on challenging initiatives.
- Have a passion for connecting the creative and analytical sides of marketing to test, measure, and communicate performance.
- Directly support, manage, and grow a diverse team of creative writing experts
- You have good relational skills, are empathetic, and connect well with others.
- You are a mentor, who’s motivation is to grow, learn, and build skill sets.
- You provide guidance, value differing opinions and enable the team to pursue individual creative paths.
- Welcome evolution, demonstrating experience with change management processes both internally and externally.
content manager qualifications
Qualified candidates for this management role:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Professional Writing, or related
- Have 5+ years of experience in digital or brand marketing
- Have 2+ years of management/team leadership experience
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail with proven ability to adhere to editorial style guidelines (e.g., AP style, MLA style, etc.)
- Self-edit with an ability to identify and correct all grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors—and provide constructive writing feedback to others
- Be eager to apply creative abilities to produce content that emotionally connects and drives action
- Are deadline-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Have a proven ability to create in a collaborative environment
- Have experience with B2B or B2C digital content writing for SEO, nurture, and/or digital advertising
- Have entrepreneurial vision and success growing a business and/or new product line
- Have aggressiveness, bias for action, and commitment to execution
applying for the content manager role
If you're interested in applying for this role, please include 3-5 writing samples of 500 words or more across a range of topics and/or brands as an addendum to your resume or via portfolio link. A writing test may be conducted during the interview process.