Give your customers the immediacy and personal touch of Web chat using Fathom’s live chat software management service.
Your customers want answers before they buy, but they don’t want to wait on the phone. Your product descriptions and FAQ’s may not be up to snuff, so a potential buyer is ready to move on to your competitor. But then she sees you have a live web-chat option. The customer types in her question, you give a timely answer, and bingo, she’s ready to buy.
Or, even if she’s not ready to buy, she appreciates your help and will consider you in the future. How valuable are these customer experiences for your business?
Live chat helps your e-commerce site:
- improve customer interaction
- increase leads
- decrease bounce rates
- add efficiencies to a sales team
Improving customer interaction
Imagine your customer service reps taking over a page and directly guiding the user towards the section of the site that will be most helpful. This is possible with live chat software, along with the ability to “push” relevant pages and URLs to a customer. Furthermore, proactive chat rules can be implemented to invite visitors to chat based on time on site or specific pages—this allows operators to intervene on areas of the site that typically have high bounce rates or low conversion rates.
Chat buttons can be placed on any page of a site to increase the likelihood that a user will contact a representative. The buttons can also be set to be “live” or “away,” so that when customer reps are not available to chat, visitors can find a contact form to email them during non-business hours.
Adding efficiencies to your sales team
- Chat with multiple customers concurrently
- Decrease the number of phone calls
- Increase the daily number of customers with whom they have contact
- Cut back on response time by creating/sending standard responses to frequently asked questions
We’ll not only set you up, but we’ll also give you in-depth reporting on the results, including:
- Customer engagement rate
- Chat availability
- Average time per chat
- # of chats completed/email forms completed
- Chats by hour/day/week/month
- # of proactive chats vs. visitor-initiated chats
- Chats by customer service representative
- Chat sales by customer service representative
- Chats by keyword/page
- Sales by chat
- Chat sales by week/day/hour
Meet the e-commerce crew
Responsible for making your website ready for the vast electronic marketplace:
Get a Quote
Learn more about e-commerce: