If you haven’t already heard, the FDA is working to implement regulations on social media by 2011. The goal of these guidelines is to provide transparency for consumers regarding the advice and information they receive about products and services on social media networks. However, there are things we can be doing right now in the absence of formal guidance from the FDA. Do you know if your current campaigns are aligning with the highly-publicized FDA hearings?
Bill Balderaz, our founder and chief optimization officer at Webbed Marketing, along with Kurt Mueller, executive vice president of Roska Digital Advertising, an interactive healthcare advertising agency, will share their expertise on the social media regulations facing the industry during a webinar Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 2 p.m.
This webinar will focus on the key takeaways from the FDA hearings, as well as strategies to engage others and become part of the social conversation today. The hour-long webinar will also highlight FTC regulations and Facebook contest regulations, which are becoming increasingly significant for several marketing and PR campaigns.
At the webinar, you can expect the following areas of discussion:
- Importance of establishing company-specific social media guidelines
- Maintaining credibility and trust through transparency
- Leveraging new technologies to meet FDA’s traditional regulatory requirements in non-traditional media
- Taking a proactive role in posting corrective information in third-party media
- Strategies for addressing drug safety monitoring and adverse event reporting in electronic and social media
Join us Wednesday, Jan. 20, at 2 p.m. to learn how to responsibly utilize social media and industry regulations. Registration is free, so register today at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/407746378.