As Fathom and other companies work towards providing a holistic approach to online advertising, it becomes essential to share key findings within departments. Looking at good (or bad) performing strategies and taking actions through other platforms can help increase conversions. Here are five examples of how PPC data can help other verticals find success:
- Landing Page Optimization – Programs such as Liveball Software’s Dynamic Content Substitution can now insert a user’s exact search phrase into the headline of a landing page. It’s the same theory behind dynamic keyword insertion in PPC ads, but is continued onto the landing page after clicking on a PPC ad. Don’t have this sort of technology? No problem! You can still take your top performing keywords and put them statically in your landing page headlines.
- SEO Keyword Exposure – There always seems to be those keywords that convert really well in a PPC campaign, but the cost to get those results is high. SEO can target these keywords in their efforts, allowing PPC money to be spent more efficiently. Also, any other high converting keywords can be targeted to increase client visibility.
- Call-to-Action Wins – A/B testing with PPC ads is an easy and fast way to determine a winner between ad copy. As you continually find CTAs that work well you can position these findings on landing pages, e-mail campaigns and incorporate them into videos.
- Convert YouTube Traffic– If you have online videos you can promote them on YouTube through an AdWords account. A huge plus is that by setting up these promoted videos you can add Call-to-Action overlays to your videos. Basically, an ad will pop up during your video, and when clicked, it will take users to a landing page of your choice.
- Discovering Demographics – Existing Google or Bing PPC campaigns contain data regarding users’ geographic location, gender and age. Using these stats can be a great starting point in setting up social campaigns on sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. Finding out your best performing region or age group before running these new campaigns can save you money you would otherwise throw away trying to narrow down a starting target market.
If you’re looking to improve your PPC campaign effectiveness and transfer these results across all your online efforts, consider having the experts at Fathom Online Marketing manage your accounts today.