Justifiably, much hype surrounds marketing analytics today with its power to personalize and track buyer behavior in the promise of ultra-targeted (and ultra-efficient) messaging. What validates this hype? Well, for one, perception. In Moz’s 2014 Industry Survey, analytics jumped out as a clear priority for marketers—whether they worked for agencies, in-house or as consultants.
Analytics is all over this Moz survey:
- Overall “top 5 marketing activities” (#1)
- “Top 5 marketing activities” for in-house people (#1)
- “Top 5 marketing activities” for agencies (#1)
- “Top 5 marketing activities” for consultants (#2)
- 85% of consultants reported offering analytics as a service (#1 among services)
- Web analytics professionals had the 4th-highest median salary by role out of 14 (trailing only engineering, user experience and e-commerce)
As the survey itself notes, “Analytics are a way of life across all online marketing fields.” I would assume most people reading this post would agree. … Read the rest
We know you need more time to dig through all of the details of the digital world, especially if you’re a higher-education marketer. From Google Analytics updates to the latest student recruitment strategies, the industry can get overwhelming. With all of the changes in 2013, you might still be wondering these questions:
- What does Hummingbird mean for my school’s website?
- How can I recover all of the data now marked “not provided” in Google Analytics?
- Is paid search worthwhile for colleges and universities?
… Read the rest
If 93% of B2B marketers say they use content marketing and you’re not in that 93%, what are you waiting for? If you’re waiting for a clear road map for how to develop a B2B content marketing strategy, then look no further! Here are the eight essential steps to developing a sound strategy.
First and foremost, your marketing efforts should tie directly to the goals of your organization. So consider how your B2B content marketing plan will support your overall organizational goals, otherwise, what’s the point of putting all this effort into your content marketing plan?… Read the rest
Your degree page content is critical for student recruitment and college retention rates. Without all of the information prospective students need (the type of degree, length of the program, career options, application requirements), they can easily move on to the next school. And if a school doesn’t match a new student’s expectations, often set by the website, the student is more likely to transfer. The information needs to be accurate, and it needs to grab them.… Read the rest
In order for an agency/client relationship to be successful, there is one thing that both sides must be aware of and thinking about at all times: The value of a lead.
What is a lead worth? If this isn’t accomplished in the sales process, it means 2 things:
- The salesperson is good.
- It is up to the account team to finalize this and have the client confirm it early on in the onboarding process.
The lead value must be the “critical number” that the entire digital marketing strategy is based on.… Read the rest