According to an annual study conducted by UCLA’s Graduate School of Education & Information Studies, financial aid is a top concern among incoming freshman and their families. A few key results found by this survey include the following:
- 75.5% of students surveyed were accepted to their first-choice college but only 56.9% decided to enroll. Over 62% of the students who chose to
attend elsewhere said that they were offered a better financial aid package by the school that was ultimately chosen.
… Read the rest
As the graphic suggests, very few people will actually look past the first 3 organic listings of the search results (especially since most search results will contain 1 – 3 paid ads before the organic listings) … let alone go all the way to the 2nd page, which only about 1% of searchers do.
So, it’s essentially first page or nothing, and the first page is very competitive.
Here are a few tips on how to make it to the big leagues of page 1:
How To Make it to the First Page:
1) Prioritize the right things (user experience, relationships and quality)
2) Implement on-site SEO fundamentals
3) Create unique, high-quality content
SEO professionals have no problem optimizing on-site content, adding image ALT attributes, structuring blog posts, or fixing title tags—that’s the easy part—but making it to the first page (especially the first 3 positions) usually requires much more strategy and time.… Read the rest
Expanding your search marketing into international waters? Believe it or not, it’s not all about Google. I recently attended an International Search Summit as part of SMX Advanced. While I wasn’t shocked to learn that Google isn’t the #1 destination for all things search in other countries, some of the other major players and their unique solutions were a bit surprising.
Naver is the top search engine in South Korea, which has seen significant growth in mobile traffic lately.… Read the rest
One of the most common questions I hear from sales managers is:
“What is one of the best ways my sales reps can manage their day more efficiently by using Salesforce.com (SFDC)?”
- Pulling reports? Probably not. That’s why there are analysts and dashboards. Report pulling is helpful, but not always on a daily basis and not for the average sales rep.
- Creating more more more dashboards? Sometimes less is more, especially with efficiency in database maneuvering.
… Read the rest
Once in a while, I like to take stock of what’s going on around me. At Fathom, it’s easy to lose sight of all the exciting things we’re publishing given all the prolific writers we have here. That means it’s easy for you to miss, too.
However, soon it will be more difficult to overlook all the great Fathom content you’ve grown accustomed to getting. We’re on the verge of redesigning and enhancing our website’s resources section.… Read the rest